Easy Application, Flexible Performance
Our 3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive 2216 is designed for applications where high performance and flexible bonds are required. Its flexibility makes it ideal for applications involving dissimilar surfaces and where differing coefficients of thermal expansion are a consideration. Once fully cured the epoxy maintains an extremely strong bond under expansion, contraction and limited movement while also maintaining a good retention of strength over time and after environmental aging. With a 2:3 mix ratio it is a low viscosity epoxy. It flows smoothly for accurate dispensing. Both the base and accelerator are coded in contrasting colors to ensure you know which half of the product you are using.
- Cryogenic bonding applications where bonded agents might experience temperature extremes
- Potting where expansion and thermal changes may occur, such as solar panels and appliance or construction applications
- Military bonding applications, for example bonding parts on movable transports
- General aerospace and transportation bonding where vibrations and movement are common
- Bonding most plastics
- Bonding ceramic, plastic and glass to metal
- Attaching various substrates to masonry and stone
Reliable, Long-Term Dependability
We've designed the 3M™ Scotch-Weld Epoxy Adhesive 2216 to perform under extremely frigid temperatures. Because it can withstand temperatures up to -423°F/-252°C it is ideal for cryogenic bonding applications. At room temperature it offers a 90 minute work life to allow for repositioning and adjustments. It will slowly cure over 7 days, but can be heat cured to reduce this to as little as 30 minutes (at 200°F/93°C.) It has a bonded shear strength that can withstand up to 3,200 psi at 72°F/24°C.